Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Role of Antioxidants


The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has funded research studies on antioxidant therapies in patients with CF.

Antioxidants counteract damaging effects on the body's cells caused by free radicals. Free radicals can cause a domino effect of damage on the body. By maintaining a higher number of antioxidants, the damage can be slowed down by neutralizing and removing free radicals from the bloodstream.

Although CF has negative implications on the digestion system, it is still pertinent to one's health to intake a well balanced diet high in nutritional value. The development of a new vitamin by Yasoo Health (the producers of Aquadek) is underway and will contain vitamins and micronutrients that are not in the currently recommended CF vitamins.

In the meantime, you can eat the following fruits, veggies, and nuts to up your daily dosage of antioxidants. Keep in mind that although they are good for you, too much of a good thing can be bad! If you decide to make any drastic changes in your diet or vitamin regimen, consult your doctor and dietician beforehand!

Resource


















1 comment:

  1. Cystic Fibrosis
    Today is the happiest day of my life, because the problems I have been battling with over the years are now solved. My wife died because she was suffering from Cystic fibrosis, I looked everywhere for a solution all to no avail, I was even told that it cannot be cured, I have even been scammed severally before I met a Man called Benson who put an end to the problem.I told all I have been through with my wife because of her illness of Cystic fibrosis If you are having such issue, contact him with this email drbenson833@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete